How to Use Web Marketing to Drive More In-Store Traffic
June 22, 2017
As an increasing number of people shop online, brick-and-mortar stores must constantly search for new ways to bring in customers. While a great location and brand help, online marketing can enhance local store visibility and increase traffic. The right marketing tactics showcase your store as the local spot for shopping, dining, or service.
Optimize online marketing with these tips for better in-store traffic every day:
- Manage online listings. Create or confirm a listing with Google My Business. Whether a shopper searches online or on a smart phone, results show any local stores listed in the area. Monitor the business name, address, and phone number (NAP) for accuracy, and consider adding location-specific photos to the listing to entice customers. Manage listings on Bing, Yelp, Foursquare, Facebook, and other popular business directories for more market exposure.
- Run social campaigns. Use Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram to advertise in-store-only promotions, special events, and location-specific information. Social engagement can quickly expand a store’s reach and encourage new and existing customers to visit.
- Encourage reviews. According to the Pew Research Center, around half of American adults under the age of 50 look at reviews before making a purchase. Reviews also factor into search engine results, making them an important part of online visibility. To gain increased foot traffic, encourage all customers to leave feedback through social media, Google, or a popular review site.
- Focus on repeat customers. Digital marketing is great for keeping existing customers engaged. Consider creating a digital rewards program or sending exclusive email or mobile offers to loyal customers. Send personalized and value-driven offers and insights to your customer base to encourage repeat visits and in-store purchases.
- Get analytical. Use online and in-store data to learn more about the customer journey and craft online and in-store campaigns that resonate with your target market. With the right blend of online and modern point-of-sale reporting, your business can optimize messaging and reach sales goals every month.
Today, businesses of all shapes and sizes need a blend of online and traditional marketing tactics to reach a target market. With these local marketing tactics, brick-and-mortar stores can use the digital space to encourage local customers to visit, browse, and purchase.